April 8, 2013
February 20, 2013
January 17, 2013
January 8, 2013
December 21, 2012
November 27, 2012
November 13, 2012
August 20, 2012
July 26, 2012
July 19, 2012
July 5, 2012
June 30, 2012
June 28, 2012
June 28, 2012
Bring Your Home Up to Speed with Smart Home Technology
Your home is filled with appliances that make your life more convenient and comfortable. You probably have more than you think: dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer, garage door opener and TV remote, just for starters. So what's next in home technology?
Many security companies are beginning to offer home control products and services that can turn your home into a smart home. They offer increased control over many common household functions, including lighting, air conditioning, security (locks and alarm system), televisions, stereos and computers.
Before you write home control off as another high-tech luxury, check out these benefits that can save you money, increase your safety and enhance your life:
- Home control technology can help you control your thermostat when you are away from home. Unlike a programmable thermostat, you can change the temperature immediately from your smart phone, tablet or computer. So, if you are out running errands and it's taking a little longer than expected, you can adjust the temperature so you aren't cooling or heating an empty home.
- You can also save money by reducing your electricity usage. Whether you accidentally left the lights on, can't remember if you turned off the iron, or want to reduce wasted energy from plugged-in and unused appliances, your smart home has you covered. On average, enhanced home control technology saves homeowners 10-15% monthly on their utility bills.
- Heightened security is one of the main reasons consumers seek out home control. Can't remember if you locked the doors? Lock or unlock your doors via smart phone or tablet. Did you forget to arm your alarm system? No problem, arm it remotely. When the components work together, the features are endless.
- Convenience is also a consideration. For example, smart home technology allows you to accept a delivery without being home. When your doorbell rings, an alert is sent to your smart phone or tablet. You view live video from a security camera positioned in the entryway to see who is at the door. With the touch of a button you can speak with the delivery person, verify their identity, and give them special instructions (i.e., leave the package on the doorstep or on the table by the door). You can even remotely unlock the front door, watch the person enter your home and set the package down, watch as they exit, and lock the door remotely behind them. It's as simple and secure as that.
- A home control system can enhance your life by giving you the ability to keep an eye on what's important to you when you are away. An alarm system that utilizes enhanced technology can be programmed to send you a notification via email or text message each time your child disarms the alarm system after he or she gets home from school. You can even make certain areas of your home off-limits to kids such as a gun cabinet or your bedroom. These features can provide extra safety to your family and give you peace of mind when you are away from home.
Smart homes are no longer an idea of the future. It's here and it's within your reach. The improvements will not only save you time, but help you keep your life and home running at optimum efficiency. Get started today: Click here to find an experienced and trustworthy SECURE+ integrator in your area and discover how you can bring your home into the future.